Blog > how to change drill press chuck and chuck recommendations?

ive got an old drill press i brought used a while ago and it works beautiful, i regulary drill 2″ in 3/4mm steel,
but i have lost the drill chuck key and have been using a slipjoint plier and bit to tighten, but thats just stoped working now and im sure ive damaged the jaws, ive seen drill chucks aren’t all that expensive so i will just replace, problem is i havnt got a clue how or what chuck to change it with, any ideas? heres a few pics, the chuck doesnt look like anything special.

it also says rb16-13l on the chuck and a name beggining with r (scratched off with the plier)

2013-08-02 00.37.42.jpg [ 93.75 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

2013-08-02 00.36.27.jpg [ 97.38 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

2013-08-02 00.35.30.jpg [ 92.39 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

Be Sociable, Share!